T'was a nice weekend that I spent at mom's place.....
Guess Aisha realises that I love going over to mom's place and her enthusiasm from the moment I announce that we have to go to her Nana's place makes the visit to mom's even more fun.
Mom and dad get to meet Aisha over these weekend stayovers or when mom n dad visit our place for just a bit. My mom n dad live by themselves.......courtesy Me & my brother....
Me...:Well I got married like any other girl & had to move out to live with my husband.
My brother....lives in the USSo......since the time Aisha was born it was a new reason for their existence...
When purchasing fruits.......papa buys two papayas.....cause his potli girl will ask," you bought only one papaya papa????"
Mom goes shopping for random stuff for her home & picks up things for her babunee....nighties, pillow covers...cute lil inners....socks......raincoats.....petticoats.....cherries....choclates...etc etc..the list is endless.I also remember mom n dad having fights on how to feed her..."mash the rice well".......dad would advise....& mom would frown back....."I know!! this is not the first time I'm feeding a baby" :-)
Well....all for the love they have for their grandchild.....
While on this weekend visit Aisha went up to mom & said....."Nana when u become very old.....I'll come and stay with you...ok"
Mom was touched ofcourse but more than that totally taken aback at the profound statement her lil princess had made...
As she asked me why Aisha made such a statement I didn't know the answer but mumbled something to mom and in my mind I kept wondering.... it was as if.....Aisha knew all the anguish I was going through about my lonely parents.....and that she wanted to let me & my parents know.....that she is aware & she will be there!

1 comment:
Sometimes their words are what our heart desires ain't it??? So cuto the lil gal is...such a moment of awe ya.
Post a Comment