Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A gift of the gab


Many may wonder what's with parents being so touchy about everything their children do, like posting their vocab on a blog!!!!! LOL........
Ever heard a baby say "A for Aappal, B for Baawwwl, C for Meow & D for Bow Bow"
Sounds cute????
now, hear your own flesh & blood say it! you'll definitely think it uncomparable!!!! I guarantee it.


Well, It's more than a month & it's time to list out new words in addition to Aisha's existing vocab.
 But before I start my list I must admit that I may have missed out on many words because Aisha's started repeating every second word she hears.............like the other day I said "Nahi" (which means "NO" in hindi) & Aisha went, "naiiiiiiiiiii" & then our house help exclaims"bayaa bayaa" (which is more like OMG) & now everytime Aisha does something that she (ahem...i.e Aisha herself) knows is weird she goes "bayaaaaaa" & then when I said  "good girl" she said "dood dirl' (ain't that awesomely cute) ...............& then the bad one........


One fine day I utterred the "F" word & Aisha repeated the word without hesitation............(well it was her version of the "F" word)  but hell (there I go again)...............I better learn to watch my mouth.


So.............read on.......this is what Aisha at 15 months and 28 days is all about.


Words & What they sound like


Papaya - Papaayaaa
I love you too - Aaa - woo - to
Please - peesh
Come  - umm
Potty - potti (hehehehehhe found it too cute not to mention it here)
Chakli - kakli                                
Birdie - baddhi
Potato - po-to-to (she got the hindi version right though....ba-ta-ta)
Up - up (as in to lift her & put her on the bed)
Sit - tith                                   
Apple - Aa-paaall (notice that the pronunciation has changed from Aapill to Aapaall)
Banana - mana-naaaa (the last naaaaa expresses her joy on seeing the banana)
mouse - mausshh         
Maushi - maucchi (that's hos we address our house help)
Cycle - kaakaal (Now, aint that cute???)
Ammachi - amachiii (that's how she refers to our neighbour aunty - it means grandma in  malayalam, the native language of kerala)
Appachha - appaathaa (Yes! that's grandpa in mallu)
Bat - batth (cricketer dad ki beti jo hain)
Chocolate - cocate
Plate - pate
Goa - duuuaaaa
Uncle - Aakkal
Aunty - Aaatiii
Down - down (she's sort of got it right)
Pen  - Paaeen
Fan   - Phaaan
Nice - naaaiish
Come soon - umm choon :-) cho chweeet

Well,
her Tulu vocab is getting good to but currently is restricted to a few words. Here's goes.

Bodchi - which means I don't want
Boddhu  - which means I want and the actual pronunciation of which is Bodd
Achhi - which means mattress and is actually pronounced as Aasigay
Ijji - which means No

Well, that's about it..............she maybe knows more but these are the few words I hear her say when I'm arround.

What more??? .........In addition she also learnt different parts of the body. But, better than hearing her say Aaiiisshh, Nooosshh, eeeeeyys (ears) it's more fun watching her point them out!. (fingers & legs being my personal favorite)
It seems to get merrier with each passing day. A kid at home is a delight :-) donno about two though ;-)

No comments: