Christmas of 2009 will be a Christmas I will remember for ever.
Since 1997 we celebrated Christmas but while missing my brother who moved to USA. This year too we missed my brother & maybe more because if he were here he would have enjoyed his neice Aisha!
The Star of every gathering in our families :-)
Christmas was celebrated & how.............
Amma helped with Chaklis, Shankarpalis and Nankhatais. Mom & dad prepared Gauva Cheese, Sponge Cake & kulkuls. I made milkcreams & baked a date & walnut cake.
Good team work.......and the result is a neat variety of Christmas delicacies :-)
A crib.....A Star ....some Christmas decorations......& a Christmas Tree..(with final touches from Aisha)..........Perfect!
Christmas means Mid Night Mass :-)
Mom, Dad, Rita Aunty, Manish n Me and Aisha went for the Mid Night mass.
This time around the experience was different. Why different???? Well, it was a Christmas Mass and I couldn't do what I did every year!!!!!!!!! I couldn't admire the good clothes & jewellery others around me were wearing cause both manish & me were all eyes on Aisha who happily went about spreading the Christmas Cheer with her infectious smile :-)
Christmas is the celebration of the birth of baby Jesus and what better way than to share it with a baby itself. Wide awake & keeping everyone else awake too, she went about calling on the oldies with an affectionate "Na-na" to the granny's & "pa-pa" to the granpa's who reciprocated with equal warmth.
At one point in time she let out a loud shoult calling the Old preist ,"Ajja!!!" (Ajja means grandfather in our native language)
I am certain that everone around had a great time watching Aisha exchange smiles with all around while prancing around in her beautiful white dress. I missed mentioning she looked soooooooooooooo cute. (See the pic........doesn't she???)
Further........after the regular ritual of visiting the crib & wishing each other & ofcourse buying Aisha her Mannoooon we decided to stop by at Mom & Dad's for a cup of coffee.
(All the pics were taken at mom's place) I love being at Mom' & Dads place for Christmas cos it feels so nice, warm & Christmassy there.
Spending Christmas with your loved ones sipping coffee, treating yourself to Christmas goodies, watching the Christmas lights blinking & listening to carols sung by Jim Reeves! It was Christmas Bliss.
We finally decided to spend the night there cos Aisha was enjoying herself to the limit at her Nana & Papa's place.
The next morning back home was...........phew..........tiring. Baking, cutting, back to mom's place for a scrumtous Christmas Lunch of Prawns pulao and baked chicken.........yummmmmmmmmmm
& then back again home.
We were expecting our friends like every year.........
It was Veg Biryani, Baked Chicken and Salad on the menu. It was hard work but when you see everyone relish the food. It's worth the effort.
Aisha had a good time with friends Tanisha & Yashi.............my friend Seema bore the brunt of having to manage three girls & their fist fights over toys ;-) (What else can you expect with kids.)
A Christmas blessed with the company of family, relatives & friends is a blessing in itself.
As I thank God for the many mercies........& this blog where I can capture memories, I still am in want to put up my post on a "Perfect Christmas"........a Christmas spent in the presence of all my family, cos I miss my brother so much. No Christmas can be perfect without him.

No comments:
Post a Comment