Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Just another day!

It was just another day when hell broke loose and I was ready to give up. It was yet another bad start to the day. More so it was coming to be a daily routine. I entered my office & headed straight to the washroom & closed the door gently while trying to hide the tears flowing down my cheeks. I dialed a number as good as a 911 for me looking for some help. I was greeted with warmth & affection as pure as from a mother and there I was pouring out my hopelessness and anguish and confessing to my failing efforts sobbing like a baby who’s lost and can see nobody in sight.

“My Angel“  as I call her, patiently listened to all I had to say and then put to rest all my fears as she gave me the hope that all would be well. From all that we spoke for those 15 minutes she had conveyed a message to me. I had to hold on. All that was needed was in my hands…….Prayer, Patience, and Perseverance.
My day had started to change from the minute I soaked in the depth of those three words. There is Positivity in prayer, Power in patience and perseverance and we are blessed with the capability of doing all with ease. Just needed to make that effort.
This I write to remind myself that there are days when things will not work out the way you want them to. It’s not like it’s not a good day…….but it is by my reactions that I ensure nobody has a good day!

I recall one conversation where a friend said, “There’s no point trying to straighten out things which are beyond your control. You should chose to ignore unpleasant things and get to doing something that you feel is pleasant. You’d rather help yourself & do what you like because you need to be content & happy. Because if you are content and happy you will then contribute to making others feel content and happy”. Thanks for that piece of advice SK!

No comments: