Thursday, February 7, 2013

Aisha makes her wish!

It was a warm July afternoon in the year 2011.........
We were at the baby shower of my sister-in-law when I knew something was different.......
I dint feel good....was tired....looked terrible!!
I recalled how Aisha kept asking me if I was having a baby in my tummy as well as if....... a baby in her aunt's tummy meant all other women also have babies in their tummy's. ......which thus included her grandma's as well.
In her own trademark style she'd ask "Mamma in your potu babu is there?", I'd say, "Nope".
She'd then run to Amma and ask,"Amma, aapke potu mein babu hain?" (I was amused everytime I saw Amma chuckle at Aisha's silly questions)
One fine day.....she came up to me and asked me the same question.....to which I answered...,"no baby....no babu in mamma's potu"....to which she replied, "In your potu babu is there!!" (ofcourse i wasn't amused..)
Deepu at her Godh Bharai and feeding a kid a piece of boiled egg  which is a custom
Well, the sole boy got the first preference...however, I was sure deepu was having a girl...
The glow of a girl is seen on Deepu's face.
Well, a week later we are at Deepa's godh bharai (baby shower)
and I am delayed by a week. And by the punctuality of my dates, i decided to take the test......and Aisha was right!
Manish & I were expecting our second baby and .....Aisha;
.....her sibling! Well, Manish excitedly broke the news to puppy and asked her the obvious question...,"Kuku....Mamma ka potu mein babu is there!!!, what you want??? brother or sister???"
Aisha does not hesitate a moment before stating,"I want a sister"
And....there's silence......and ....ahem........looks were exchanged.........
Oooopss.......everyone at home which includes me were like,"sister!!! why don't you want a brother???....if u have a sister, you will have to share everything with her".....but that never changed Aisha's preference.

That's my little puppy....with her little cousin Pritika, whom she couldn't keep her hands off.....(all of 2 years and 10 months......clear in her head......throughout the nine months......Aisha was sure.....she wanted a sister!
The wait had begun.....she was to have her sibling in March.(coincidently...Pritika is also a March baby :-))

No comments: