Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A renewed me.......

I am an achiever & stand by what I perceive to be true.........

When I started this space of my own......these words above came to me naturally........no second thoughts!
However, somewhere down the line.....as I wrote dedications to my family, daughter, husband, friends........the me went missing. The mother in me had taken over and I was making statements that I'd be more than happy to be a stay at home mommie mothering my children and taking care of my home & husband......and the career can go out of the window!!!
Yeah....unbelievable to many of my close friends too.
One Fine day I decided I had enough......enough of my nonsensical idea of being a Mother who can work wonders on her children and family by staying at home.
Can't help mentioning my Mom here.....who of course was a working woman but never once made us feel like she was not around! Well, understand me correctly......she ensured we need the amount of security we need. My mother believed in letting each other have their space & she respected our privacy. That's probably the reason I never felt the need to lock my drawers which housed my personal diaries.
Mommies can impose their rules, discipline, views and whatever......on us. My mother did that too.......
but when I weigh the Resents against the Thanks that I have for her; the Thanks definitely outweigh the resents.
My mother made me the person I am today. Inclusive of both.....good & the bad.
She certainly gave a lot of good & I let unwanted presences wipe off all the good that I could see in me.

I took a stress test the other day......scored a 5+ which indicates that I need immediate medical assistance.
I was shocked! Well......I am the only one who cares about it too..........so I decided for myself..........
I don't need assistance, not yet! .............I just need a renewed me.

So here I am..........
taking the reins of my life into my own hands.
Detaching myself of all unwanted baggage...they've given me nothing but early greying of hair :-)
I'm serving my notice period at my current organisation........
.....surging ahead as per a strategy that I have set for myself.
Looking forward to my new venture........
Making new relationships and nurturing them.
Setting new aspirations and many dreams; and being in constant pursuit of them.
Being Alive.....once again

Now that's what I call good going!!!!
Annette lives for reasons enough darling! don't need the sorrows nomore. :-)
As Aisha says......yuppeeeeeeeeee :-)

2 comments:

Pushpa said...

wooooooohhhhhhhh this is the Annette I know, the very focussed the very "I" person. I m glad u r finally venturing out into new spaces n new horizons...luv ya gal

Himagauri said...

hey.. hv u already left mastek?? thats a good step... it takes smthing to leave 'old' and start on with 'new'... not easy... good luck... dont stop writing... i eagerly open ur blog everytime in anticipation of seeing reading a new post.. love..