Thursday, October 15, 2009

Work Hard-Party Harder











Whenever I came across the term "Work Hard-Party Harder" It's always brought a smile on my face. And the very reason is that I completely & totally believe in that term.
“I have Friends at Work” is one parameter that contributes to Employee Engagement.
For me…..it means a great deal.
Not just as one parameter but much more than that.
I was speaking to a colleague the other day about how some of my best years at Mastek were when I was based out of Mahape. I worked the best & I had my share of great times.
When she asked my why??? I told her that I had a great set of friends there.
Breakfast at 8:45am……..Coffee break at 11:00am Lunch at 12:30pm…..Chai at Sai at 4:00pm & board the bus at 5:30pm……& in between those breaks it was pure dedication to work. It was simple, it was easy, and it was Fun!!!!
Heard of Movies on Monday……….We’d wait for the weekend to get over so we could go and catch up a movie on Monday!!!

I realized that life does shower it’s kindness on us in many ways. The best being through the wonderful friends that you make.So this piece I dedicate to my friends

Pushpa: I cannot imagine life at Mastek without her. Today I can't imagine life without her. She is my Ideal Idol.
Anjana: In all probability, the first person to befriend me at Mastek & the one who ensured I never ate lunch alone.
Payal: Always makes me feel, look, be a lot younger than I actually am.
Sheela: Befriended me again……on the Mastek bus…but today the friendship means much more & what’s better I don’t even have to describe it. It is just there
Alfie: Alfred is probably the first guy (other than Manish) who I was completely at ease with. He made me feel good, he made me laugh, and he’s listen to all the crap I could give and a most importantly I could dance with him!. Sadly…guy’s change after they get hitched.
Swati: “Swati Ptail”….The Hara Rang Dala girl. Good gupshup partner, Great person to party with. Man! Could she dance?
Jesna: My friend before I joined Mastek. But, when we were while we were……..time spent with Jesna had plenty laughs, loads of gossip and lots of food. All in all; a 10 on 10.
Priya: The beautiful Mom with two of the most beautiful babies. We came together for work & then just became friends & I know it will stay that way
Kiran: The babe…super glam, super gal, super pal…..my bubbly, chirpy, girly pal
Candida, Ruchira, Shweta, Babita: if not for these girls…..i’d never know what fun Girlie outings could be. Thanks for adding to the number……I know what “More the merrier” means.


I don't intend to hurt anyone through this post but I just penned down what came to my mind and have not thought through while writing what is written.So what I have written is as I felt it & it is true.

2 comments:

Pushpa said...

wowwwwwwww..............i actually felt like u were talking to me...so so straight out of ur heart...u shud let other gals/alfie read these yaar

Unknown said...

Oooo my god !!! :-)
Super going gal !! i liked it ..